Northern NSW Football urges parents, guardians and carers to claim their first Active Kids Voucher ahead of registrations opening for the 2021 football season.
Registrations open on 1 February but the $100 vouchers can be claimed in preparation now!
Football is expecting its biggest season yet following the lockdown across NSW in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Football remains the fastest growing sport in the region and, with 66,477 participants registering to play in 2019, Northern NSW Football wants to see all those players – and as many new players as possible – take to the pitch in 2021.
Northern NSW Football Head of Football Development Peter Haynes said NNSWF were expecting 2021 to be the biggest ever year for football, particularly for women and girls following the excitement of the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup announcement.
“In the Hunter Region alone, the increase of entry level players has experienced extraordinary growth which we expect will continue in 2021,” Haynes said.
“Make sure you put 1 February 2021 in your diary to register with your local club!”
Across Northern NSW Football there has been a 10 per cent increase in entry level players (four to seven-year-olds) in the last five years.
Specifically in the Hunter Region, which includes Hunter Valley, Newcastle and Macquarie Member Zones, there has been a 54 per cent increase in entry level players (four to seven-year-olds) in the last five years.
About NSW governments’ Active Kids Vouchers
The NSW government is again helping kids get active with their Active Kids program. The program provides two $100 vouchers for parents, guardians and carers of school-enrolled children to use towards sport and active recreation costs each year.
Voucher 1 is valid January to December, with Voucher 2 valid January to December.
If you are a parent, carer or guardian, the student will be eligible if they are:
- a NSW resident
- aged between 4.5 and 18 years
- enrolled in school (from Kindergarten to Year 12, including those who are home-schooled or enrolled in secondary school education at TAFE NSW)
- a current Medicare card holder.
You can apply for a voucher for each eligible student.
You can use the voucher for registration, participation or membership costs with an approved Active Kids provider.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW account
- your child’s Medicare card details
- your child’s height and weight (optional).
Note: If you have not already verified your MyServiceNSW account, you will need two proof of identity documents in addition to the above.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
- Log in to your account, or sign up for a MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to apply for the voucher.
- Note: If you’re applying for a child’s second voucher, select ‘Apply for Active Kids Voucher 2’ on the Services tab.
To use the voucher:
- At registration or payment time on the PlayFootball website, provide the following information through the provider’s preferred process:
- child’s full name
- child’s date of birth
- Active Kids voucher number.